When trawling vintage shops we look for one-of-a-kind gems that can instantly transform an outfit and free us from the homogenous style restraints of the high street.
Shoulder pads needn’t take on cringe-worthy 80’s Dynasty connotations; this vintage jacket’s soft sweater material keeps it from being too structured and fussy, and the baroque accents give it character and drama. John Lennon-esque round sunglasses (another unique vintage find) and an unconventional Jelly bag garnish the outfit and instantly add a quirky twist.
These statement pieces are styled around delicate basics that are simple, but with subtle details that give them a tailored and classic look. The black tassel detailing on the white top is timeless and chic, and the brown belt-like aspect on the black leggings adds contrast.
Photographs by Kateri Quirk
Styling and Modeling by Mona Hamid
Writing by Reem Buhazza
1. Sweater: The Garment District (200 Broadway, Cambridge MA 02139).
2. Blouse: Reiss 1971.
3. Trousers: Ted Baker (style name: Fortun), available here.
4. Bag: Furla, available here.
5. Shoes: French Connection, similar here.
6. Shades: Vintage Market (Camden, London UK).